Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana (Half-Lotus intense stretch Pose)
- First step is to bring the right knee towards the chest. Now breath out slowly.
- Second step is to place the right foot on top of the left hip. Straighten your right arm up and behind your back. Grab the right foot, or grab right elbow, or do Tree pose.I
- Relax yourself and breathe in. Third step is to bring the left arm up. If you can reach back the foot from the back then continuum with the next steps, otherwise, STAY HERE FOR 5 LONG DEEP BREATHS
- Fourth step is to bend forward, placing the hand on the floor, by the outside of the left leg.
- Look half the way up and lengthen the spine inhaling fresh air.
- Next step is to Exhale and bend forehead to the knee. STAY HERE FOR 5 LONG DEEP BREATHS
- Seventh step is as follow- INHALE. Look half the way up. Then EXHALE. Remain in the same posture.
- Finally take a deep breath all the way up with the left arm up too.
Exhale while bending forward. Hold the breath or breathe deeply and slowly in the final pose. Inhale while raising the body to the starting position. Be aware of maintaining balance and synchronizing the movement with the breath.You can practise for as long as you wish, but don’t strain yourself. Practise at any time of the day, but not after having food.
- This posture opens up the hips, opens up the shoulders, and stretches the hamstrings.
- Core muscle in the standing leg is also built because this posture is a balancing posture.It is a forward fold posture, thus increases the blood flow to the lungs and head.
- Balances of all kinds quieten the mind and give one a sense of steadiness and poise. This movement increases flexibility in the knees and ankle joints.
- As the abdominal organs are contracted, the digestive organs are stimulated and flushed with a fresh supply of blood. This aids in peristaltic activity, helping to eliminate toxins.
It ignites the second chakra, Svadhisthana Chakra, located at the perineum. Svadhisthana Chakra is involved with the functioning of the sexual organs and the adrenals at the base of the spine. Psychologically, this chakra is associated with relationships, violence, addictions, and pleasure. Svadhistana Chakra is also considered the seat of our creative force. Also Muladhara Chakra.